About SS cricket Bat:
- The SS Supremo English Willow Cricket Bat made from good quality English willow bat wood, specifically from a variety of white willow called cricket bat willow.
- This variety of willow is used as it is very tough and shock-resistant, not being significantly dented nor splintering on the impact of a cricket ball at high speed.
- The face of the bat covered with a protective film.
- All SS bats pre-knocked by a automatic machine to get best performance during game.
- Most bats are ready for immediate use and but may require additional knocking-in to allow the soft fibers to strike a hard new cricket ball.
- Knocking-in involves striking the surface with an old cricket ball or a special mallet.
- This compacts the soft fibers within the bat and reduces the risk of the bat snapping.
- The bat may also need raw linseed oil, which fills in the gaps between the fibers.
How to make a Cricket Bat?
- Making cricket bats has been a special skill since cricket began.
- The finest bats made from white Kashmir / English willow preferably grown in Essex or Suffolk,
- where the climate and conditions produce wood renowned for its consistent and narrow grain, its density and color.
- Handle – made from strips of cane interspersed with strips of rubber to give strength and cushion impact for the batter
- Shoulder – a ‘dead’ area of the bat blade not favored by batters to strike the ball
- Blade – gives the overall batting surface weight and strength
- Toe – curved to prevent the blade edge ‘catching’ the pitch during a stroke
- SS Supremo English Willow Cricket Bat
- English Willow Grade 5
- Air Dried Willow ,
- Latest Shape With Massive concave TON Edges enable high impact with optimum performance.
- Embossed Chrome sticker with high quality Grip.
- Wide Play area with Clean bat face.
- Premium / Portable SS Bat cover.
- Made in India.
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.